Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The San Diego Phenomenon

San Diego is so blessed, great weather, great scenery and a great amount of recreation available. So what is the problem? The surf enhanced, Ear filled with water populous, just can't seem to WIN ANYTHING! San Diego has what zero championships. Now this writer is not a San Diego sports fan, but I am an erudite observer of the obvious. San Diego just stinks at Sports. Oh The Padres get to the playoffs here and there and even a World Series twice, but zero results! The Chargers have made it to the big dance once. However they were up against a team that CLOSELY resembles the Cheating Billichecks. So again the Chargers face a juggernaut next week. A video enhanced, behemoth of a team. San Diego will of course lose, because Rivers, LT and Gates are gimpy at best. A new off season will begin, one filled with hope and promise.

At least Baseball is nigh. My Dodgers are coming soon! I just can't wait for the beautiful sky blue boys of summer, to start buzz sawing through, the inferior, poor, step child which are the Padres. Torre's crew should make short work of the National League West. I do feel bad for the so oft disappointed San Diego Sports fan. However feelings cannot pollute my inner Dodger Fan being. Anyway I am sure there will be much banter from Weathers and his ilk regarding the Dodgers-Padres Baseball Battles this season. To Weathers I say bring it on, I am ready!

Today's vocabulary word is: Prestidigitation

Hint!

Joe Torre has much ________ up his sleeve.

Even I will wish the Bolts much electricity this weekend.

1 comment:

David "Sage" Miller said...

Mr. Sage. You are absolutely brilliant! What an incredible orator U. R.

Thank You,

Your Friend Lucy AKA Face Book.